I've been tagged by Moorea to do a Q and A and I figured it was a good way to jump back in to this here blogging world.
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Go to their blog and tell them they've been tagged!
RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I'm allergic to walnuts. So was my dad.
2. I've had the chicken pox twice (yes it IS possible)
3. Speaking of chickens, I have three- Daryl, Hannah and Bellina
4. I have a rust spot on my eye. I was playing with a hula hoop as a little girl and a piece of metal got in my eye. I had to go to the hospital to get it out and by the time they did there was a rust spot on it that they said I'd have forever.
5. I'm right handed, but dance left (I cartwheel and turn better on my left)
6. I was really determined to perfect my headstands as a little girl. My mom always said I spent more time on my head than on my feet.
7. I made it to the final round of the Sonics Dance team try outs when I was in college. Didn't make it, but I was close.
8. My parents thought I was going to be a boy and my name was going to be Tregger. My sister wanted to name me Rose,
Sugar or Emily (her name).
9. My sister and I are both fluent in dog latin and used it have secret conversations growing up.
10. I grew up in a neighborhood full of boys. We watched (and recreated) wrestle mania, played Nintendo, kick the can and basketball all summer long.
11. I played trombone in high school. I wanted to play trumpet, but somehow we had a trombone at our house so that's what I played.
11 Questions Moorea asked me:
1. Who do you feel most similar to in your family and why?
My older sister Emily. I can't imagine not having someone go through my whole life with me like she has. We grew especially close when my dad passed away when I was sixteen.
2. What do you wish you could say to yourself at age 13?
I'm not sure there's really anything I could say to my 13 year old self to change any of those horrible insecurities that come with being that age. I guess I'd just say I've seen your future and you're going to be so happy.
3. How do you treat yo self?
I'm all about rewarding my hard work with a massage or a trip to the nail salon for a good mani/pedi.
4. How do you try to improve yourself?
Yikes I don't know if I have an answer to this one. I try to be the best version of me all the time so I guess there's not a lot of individual things I do for self improvement.
5. What/Where is your favorite place to go in your town/city?
My home is very favorite place. My husband and I worked hard to buy it, make it our own and now we're having fun enjoying it too. He's out of town for work a lot so being home together is that much more special.
6. What was your first job?
I bussed tables at a seafood restaurant. I almost took a job at Baskin and Robins because I could have started at fifteen and a half, but I waited it out until I was 16 so I could get minimum wage AND tips at the restaurant instead.
7. What was your worst job?
My first job out of college was by far my worst job. I had a horrible boss and not long after I complained about his behavior I got laid off.
8. What are you proud of in yourself?
I'm proud of my work ethic. I work really hard juggling my various jobs and I'm proud of that.
9. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
I watch a lot of bad television. I do only have it on while I'm working on other things, but still.
10. Who inspires you most right now?
Other people who are working hard to grow their own small businesses. Seeing their tweets and blog posts about their hard work and their successes inspires me to keep chugging along with what I'm doing.
11. What is something that you wish you could have made, invented, created or designed and why?
I'm really happy with my newest line (to be released on my own site soon) so there's not really a wish for something else I could claim as my own.
11 Questions For the people I've tagged (and anyone else who wants to participate):
1. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year for free where would it be and why?
2. If you had to be on a reality tv show which one would it be?
3. What's the story behind your name?
4. What was the first concert you went to?
5. Who inspires you most right now?
6. What was your first job?
7. What famous person do people say you look like?
8. When you were first asked what you wanted to be when you grew up what did you say?
9. What magazines do you subscribe to?
10.What was your favorite color as a kid. How about now?
11. What's your favorite way to celebrate something?
Who I've tagged:
Pretty Birdie Brown
Our Little Clann